Hydrodynamic Research & Design Engineer
Hydro-Dyne Engineering offers a highly specialized proprietary product line servicing municipal and industrial water treatment facilities around the world. We take great pride in our engineering capabilities, extensive manufacturing expertise, and our superior commitment to customer service. Our ever increasing market share affords us the ability to provide new opportunities for exceptional people.
This position presents the unique opportunity to actively contribute to new design and development through product performance validation and verification utilizing theoretical calculations, detailed analysis of field data, and various simulation modeling techniques. Input on existing and new products will result in the sale, design and manufacture before hands on evaluation of large mechanical equipment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to visit treatment plants, evaluate systems with proprietary testing equipment and publish detailed reports recommending mechanical and process improvements.
This R&D position requires someone willing to learn and understand our products thoroughly and attain knowledge of water and waste water treatment processes. Field data collection activities at treatment plants will either be directed by the candidate or directly performed by the candidate. As such, excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required when interacting with a wide variety of professionals including; plant operation personnel, field service technicians and consulting engineers. Superior technical writing abilities are required for generation of reports and publishing white papers. Strong analytical and computational skills are required for design calculations used for sizing equipment.
This is an excellent long term career opportunity for a talented person with experience in professional workplaces as well as research environments. The successful candidate will quickly develop into a valuable employee working directly with upper management and engineering department while directing R&D projects.
- Work closely with the company President, Engineering Manager, Chief Engineer and Sales Department
- Plan and manage R&D assignments to improve product costs, quality, manufacturability and performance from concept to production
- Size screening equipment and perform headloss calculations for new prospects/sales
- Evaluate installed equipment to ensure proper operation and refine sizing procedures/calculations
- Operate specialized testing apparatus to sample treatment waters, evaluate data and generate technical reports
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics or related discipline with emphasis in Fluid/Hydrodynamics-Master or Doctorate of Science degree preferred but not required
- Three plus years’ experience working in a manufacturing/mechanical or R&D environment
- Thorough comprehension of fluid dynamics/hydrodynamics/hydrology
- Expert in MS Excel and proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ERP software
- Extreme attention to detail, positive attitude, high level of self-motivation, and willingness to be hands-on
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- AutoCAD products including Inventor and SolidWorks
- Analysis software including: Minitab, R, STATISTICA, Octave, Mathematica, MATLAB, Mathcad
- Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) packages including: FLUENT, COMSOL, OPEN FOAM
- Basic skills with VBA and Python scripting
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (~ 5% of the time)
- Electrical control programming experience
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Send resume with salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.