Product Service Support Manager
Hydro-Dyne Engineering is a dynamic, growth-oriented company that manufactures equipment for use in municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment facilities in the US and around the world. We offer a highly specialized proprietary product line and have established a strong reputation in a stable and expanding market. We are a mid-sized custom manufacturing company with an emphasis on controlling all aspects of our business including in-house sales, engineering, manufacturing and service. With steadily increasing revenues, products and markets we are an expanding company with exceptional opportunities for exceptional people!
This position presents the unique opportunity to help grow an entire segment of our business that has been largely untapped. It requires generation of sales that typically involve identifying opportunities and working with customers to determine the parts and service required to help them. No “hard selling” or “cold calling” as the customer base for this position consists of current installations of our proprietary equipment.
This high level management position requires someone willing to learn and understand our products thoroughly and attain some knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes. We have equipment that has been in operation for 20+ years and our products have seen a number of design improvements over that period. The candidate must become equally comfortable presenting to a plant maintenance supervisor or a consulting engineer, both on the phone and occasionally in the field.
Our Product Service and Support Manager will be expected to expand a small department into a major aspect of our business. The opportunity is there with a large installation base and supporting resources but the right individual is needed to realize the opportunity.
The successful candidate will be articulate, professional and personable with an aptitude for relating to customers ranging from treatment plant operators to consulting engineers. Management experience and a proven record of business growth are requirements of the position.
- Work closely with the company President to grow the Service/Support Department of the business
- Contact customers, reintroduce our company and actively generate parts, refurbishment or replacement orders
- Identify, help hire and manage support members and field service technicians
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment issues with customers and acting as liaison between in-house engineering/manufacturing departments
- Accurate and thorough entry of information and maintenance of CRM database
- Build strong relationship with customers encouraging future sales and excellent references
- Occasional travel for field service of equipment and as backup/training for field service technicians
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or engineering is preferred
- Five plus years’ experience working in a manufacturing/mechanical environment
- Demonstrated management and sales experience
- Preference given to aftermarket parts/service experience within a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) with ability to learn ERP software
- Written communication – edits their own work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information
- Ability to convey the mechanical operation and maintenance of our equipment to individuals over the phone
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and develop ability to determine which part(s) may be required to ensure proper operation of equipment
- Respect for the Company’s resources; treat company equipment, funds, time and co-workers with respect
Knowledge of ERP or CRM software as well as AutoCAD and Adobe are a plus.
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Send resume with salary history and requirements to email@example.com.