Product Service Sales Representative
Hydro-Dyne Engineering is a dynamic, growth-oriented company that manufacturers equipment for use in municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities. Our markets include the entire US and Canada with an emerging presence internationally.
We are accepting resumes for a Product Service Sales Representative job. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, growth-oriented organization where employees take great pride in their work and their company. The Product Service Sales Representative job position requires generation of sales that generally involve identifying problems and working with customers to determine the parts and service required to resolve them. No “hard selling” or “cold calling” as the customer base for this position consists of current installations of our proprietary equipment.
This Product Service Sales Representative job position requires someone willing to learn and understand our products thoroughly and attain knowledge of water and waste water treatment processes. We have equipment that has been in operation for 20+ years and our products have seen a number of design improvements over that period.
The successful candidate will be articulate, professional and personable with an aptitude for relating to both plant operators and senior engineers.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented person with some experience in the professional workplace as well as mechanical/manufacturing environments.
- Active generation of orders for parts and rebuild/refurbishment of existing equipment
- Use of computer software to build parts quotes – analyze bills of material, refer to previous builds for creation of quotes
- Contact customers, reintroducing our company and establish any need for parts, refurbishment or new equipment
- Assist in evaluating equipment issues with customers and acting as liaison between in-house engineering/manufacturing departments to establish needs of replacement parts
- Accurate and thorough entry of information and maintenance of CRM database
- Build strong relationship with customers encouraging future sales and excellent references
- Be a positive force within the team and display an enthusiastic attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Two plus years’ experience working in a customer service oriented role, preferably in a manufacturing/mechanical environment
- Strong preference given to someone with experience using computer software such as Job Boss or SAP equivalent to estimate the cost of manufactured products with deep bills of material.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) with ability to learn ERP software
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Must have the ability to converse with Engineers and Plant Managers over the phone
- Ability to convey the mechanical operation and maintenance of our equipment to individuals over the phone
- Written communication – edits their own work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information
- Respect for the Company’s resources; treat company equipment, funds, time and co-workers with respect
- Maintain excellent organizational skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Prior sales experience is a plus.
- Previous phone sales experience is preferred.
Knowledge of ERP or CRM software is required. Familiarity with AutoCAD and Adobe are a plus.
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Send resume with salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.