Hydro-Dyne Engineering offers a highly specialized proprietary product line servicing municipal and industrial water treatment facilities around the world. We take great pride in our engineering capabilities, extensive manufacturing expertise, and our superior commitment to customer service. Our ever-increasing market share affords us the ability to provide new opportunities for exceptional people.
Responsible for product knowledge, CRM entry and document generation in support of the Regional Sales Managers, Sales General Manager and Sales Director.
Based in our Clearwater, Florida headquarters this high-level management position requires someone willing to learn and understand our products thoroughly and attain some knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes. The successful candidate will be articulate, professional and personable, with an aptitude for relating to customers ranging from treatment plant operators to consulting engineers, both on the phone and occasionally in the field. Management experience and a proven record of business growth are requirements of the position.
- Review technical specifications and drawings from customer
- Enter projects into Customer Resource Management program for sizing, pricing and proposal development
- Generate, review and send accurate proposals and bid documents
- Modify basic layout drawings in AutoCAD
- Maintain standard equipment pricing log and assist with price estimations on non-standard equipment
- Develop and cultivate relationships with manufacturer’s representatives and existing/new customers
- Attend trade shows as required (1-2 per year)
- Assist in completing tasks assigned by the Sales General Manager for completion of departmental initiatives
Competencies & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or Business
- Ability to work independently and productively with little supervision, but must also be able to work as part of the team
- Oral communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Written communication – edits their own work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information
- Presentation skills – has the ability to present our product in a clear and concise manner to small and large groups
- Technical aptitude – ability to relate to consulting engineers, manufacturer’s reps and plant personnel
- Adaptability – has the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability – is consistently at work and on time
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven time management skills
- Must be able to travel both domestically and international (1-2 times a year)
- Ambitious, loyal, dynamic, extremely well organized and self-motivated
Preference Given to Candidates With:
- Knowledge of ERP software and AutoCAD
- Business development experience selling into the wastewater industry
- Spanish language proficiency
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Hydro-Dyne Engineering is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Send resume with salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.