Florida Sterling Council and FloridaMakes Announce Finalists for the Florida Sterling Manufacturing Business Excellence Awards
Award Winners Announced at June 1st Sterling Awards Banquet in Orlando
TALLAHASSEE –The Florida Sterling Council and FloridaMakes today announced that 27 manufacturing companies have been named as finalists for the second Florida Sterling Manufacturing Business Excellence Awards. The winners, chosen from the finalists, will be announced at the 2018 Governor’s Sterling Awards Banquet at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes on June 1 in Orlando.
The Florida Sterling Council and FloridaMakes collaborated on these statewide awards to recognize the state’s high-performing manufacturers. Companies were judged on six criteria categories: leadership; strategic planning; customers; measurement; analysis and knowledge management, workforce; and operations.
Finalists for the 2018 Florida Sterling Manufacturing Business Excellence Awards are:
Companies with fewer than 30 employees:
- Apollo Sunguard Systems, Inc., Sarasota, FL
- Architectural Metal Flashings, LLC, Cape Coral, FL
- Best Global Source, Inc., Apopka, FL
- JTD Enterprises, Inc., Lutz, FL
- Pro-Tools, Temple Terrace, FL
- Trilogy Laboratories, LLC, Fort Myers, FL
Companies with up to 64 employees:
- Actron Entities, Inc., Clearwater, FL
- D & D Welding & Fabrication, LLC, Fort Pierce, FL
- Dyplast Products, LLC, Miami, FL
- Girard Equipment, Inc., Vero Beach, FL
- RND Automation & Engineering, LLC, Sarasota, FL
Companies with up to 99 employees:
- Hydro-Dyne Engineering, Inc., Clearwater, FL
- Advanced Machine and Tool, Inc., Fort Pierce, FL
- Custom Metal Designs, Inc., Oakland, FL
- Data Graphics, Inc., Mount Dora, FL
Companies with up to 199 employees:
- ACR Electronics, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Canam Steel Corporation, Jacksonville, FL
- Seaway Plastics Engineering, LLC, New Port Richey, FL
Companies with up to 350 employees:
- Lockheed Martin Space, Kennedy Space Center, FL
- National Molding, LLC, Miami Lakes, FL
- Mack Technologies Florida, Inc., West Melbourne, FL
- Ocean Alexander, Merritt Island, FL
- XYMOGEN, Inc., Orlando, FL
Companies with more than 350 employees:
- Ascend Performance Materials, LLC, Gonzalez, FL
- Fleet Readiness Center Southeast, Naval Air Station Jacksonville, FL
- L3 Crestview Aerospace, Crestview, FL
- Sparton DeLeon Springs, LLC, DeLeon Springs, FL
Florida Sterling-trained examiners and representatives knowledgeable of manufacturing contributed their time and expertise to evaluate nominations, including site visits and management interviews for semi-finalists.
FloridaMakes will feature the finalists in upcoming plant tours, webinars, and events to help share best practices that can benefit Florida’s manufacturing sector.
About the Governor’s Sterling Award
Established in 1992, the Florida Sterling Council is a public/private not-for-profit corporation supported by the Executive Office of the Governor. The Council oversees the Governor’s Sterling Award for Performance Excellence, presented annually by the Governor to high performing, role-model organizations, both private and public, who demonstrate superior management approaches and role model results. Sterling’s Conference teaches participants how to elevate performance and increase productivity. See more at www.floridasterling.com.
FloridaMakes is an industry-led public-private partnership established in 2015 to improve the productivity and technological performance of Florida manufacturers and strengthen the state’s high-wage manufacturing economy. FloridaMakes is the official representative of the MEP National Network and NIST MEP in the State of Florida and provides services through Florida’s existing network of Regional Manufacturers Associations and other partners to support Florida’s more than 21,000 manufacturers. Services are customized to meet the needs and opportunities of individual companies. FloridaMakes operates with support from the State of Florida, NIST and Florida’s manufacturers. For more information visit www.floridamakes.com.