Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Hydro-Dyne Engineering offers a highly specialized proprietary product line servicing municipal and industrial water treatment facilities around the world. We take great pride in our engineering capabilities, extensive manufacturing expertise, and our superior commitment to customer service. Our ever increasing market share affords us the ability to provide new opportunities for exceptional people.
Based in our Clearwater, Florida headquarters, the Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer is an integral contributor in both sustaining activities and new product development.
The primary function of this role is to integrate R&D and design activities when releasing new products as well as enhancements to existing product lines. Project engineering activities include providing engineering structural analysis calculation reports, simulations, product compliance documentation, OEM requirement specification, and electro-mechanical integration and facilitation for product and installation requirements.
This position is part of our project engineering management team and will interface with all aspects of the company. As a self-starter requiring little management and guidance, the individual in this position will have significant creative and technical influence accompanying the responsibilities of the release of new and expanding product lines.
Our products are built and tested right here in our adjoining factory, just outside the office doors. The ideal candidate will be excited to participate hands-on during manufacturing and testing to see their products created.
Responsibilities include new product development, sustaining engineering, and project engineering support for installations. The individual in this position will interface with all aspects of the organization in order to continuously support our customers with superior product performance and support. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving as project engineer on new product development from cradle to grave.
- Developing project plans and define design specifications.
- Reviewing job requirements and provide supporting compliance documents and installation instructions as required.
- Providing comprehensive mechanical analysis as required.
- Providing detailed designs including manufacturing documentation.
- BS or MS Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Civil Engineering.
- 5+ years of progressive experience relating to electro-mechanical equipment design.
- A wide breadth of experience with mechanical systems, instrumentation, and controls.
- Expertise in machine component and system design using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Proficient in mechanical design/detailing per ASME Y14.5M including GD&T.
- Proficient in technical documentation of product & project requirements, testing procedures, and contractual requirement compliance.
- Proficient in mechanical structural analysis calculations.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products.
- Highly competent in technical writing as well as verbal presentations.
- Competent in hydrodynamic and open channel flow calculations.
- Familiarity with mechanical process flow piping, pump systems, and facilitation of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Familiar with various software packages such as: Mathcad, Mathematica, Maple, ANSYS, FLUENT, COMSOL, Open FOAM, Calculix, etc.
- Florida PE license preferred but not required.
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Send resume with salary history and requirements to [email protected]