Quality Assurance Manager
Hydro-Dyne Engineering offers a highly specialized proprietary product line servicing municipal and industrial water treatment facilities around the world. We take great pride in our engineering capabilities, extensive manufacturing expertise, and our superior commitment to customer service. Our ever increasing market share affords us the ability to provide new opportunities for exceptional people.
Oversee the organizations quality operations, ISO 9001 certification, manufacturing technology/engineering. Work closely with all departments and senior management to assess and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and internal processes and standards.
- Plan and conduct appropriate inspections, tests and analysis as required assuring the quality of product or component.
- Direct and control acceptance and rejection within company Quality Assurance policies of all purchased and fabricated parts
- Perform quality reviews of design documentation as well as vendor quality and company quality documentation.
- Utilize statistical techniques to evaluate current processes and process changes.
- Conduct purchased product reviews for acceptance and vendor evaluation.
- Facilitate quarterly management review, develop and maintain inspection and audit procedures for supplier and in-house quality
- Maintain quality related documentation.
- Develop improved process and procedures to evaluate and improve quality activities.
- Foster process improvement with participation in identification and elimination of process failure modes. Drive closed loop corrective action and preventative action improvements.
- Identify and share best practices across divisions, lead and comply with all standardization efforts and implementation of best practices
- Communicate quality related issues and developments to management.
- Prepare reports to communicate QA activities to team members and management.
- Provide direction for technical and administrative workers engaged in quality activities.
- Proactively lead continuous improvement efforts to improve quality and reduce scrap.
- Interface with engineers, purchasing, production, and maintenance to plan, coordinate, execute, and trouble shoot issues.
- Maintain compliance to all ISO, QS, safety and OSHA standards.
- Monitor performance of direct reports. Provide regular coaching and counseling. Prepare and deliver salary and performance reviews; review and approve performance and salary appraisals per company methodologies.
- Proven track record with technical problem solving, product development, and people/process management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Prior ISO 9001 experience – preferably in early stage certification and implementation
- Six Sigma certification and knowledge of Lean problem solving methods preferred
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- A record of successful deliverables as a leader, an engineer and an individual contributor to gain the respect and support of peers and subordinate staff
- Strong understanding of design codes, design standards and specification requirements
- Ability to produce to deadlines, interact with many people and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and productively with little supervision, but must also be able to work as part of the team
- Written communication – edits their own work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and able to read and interpret written information
- Continuously seeking and implementing methods to increase product quality, customer service and company efficiency
- Respect for the Company’s resources; treat company equipment, funds, time and co-workers with respect
- Extreme attention to detail and documentation, highly organized
- Excellent team member; driven to contribute to the team effort
- Dependable, self-motivated, comfortable working independently with the ability to work to tight deadlines
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Send resume with salary history and requirements to [email protected].