Hydro-Dyne Engineering is looking for a Sales Engineer. Based in Clearwater, Florida, this position requires someone willing to learn and understand our products thoroughly and attain knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes. The successful candidate will be articulate, professional and personable, with an aptitude for relating to customers ranging from treatment plant operators to consulting engineers, both on the phone and occasionally in the field.
HDE designs and manufactures a highly specialized proprietary product line servicing municipal and industrial water treatment facilities around the world. We take great pride in our engineering capabilities, extensive manufacturing expertise, and our superior commitment to customer service. Our ever-increasing market share affords us the ability to provide new opportunities for exceptional people.
Responsible for product knowledge, CRM entry and document generation in support of the Regional Sales Managers and Sales Director.
- Customer specification review with analyzation of what is within the company’s core competences and what is not
- Generation of the Internal Compliance Document (ICD) to aid in project bidding.
- Equipment Sizing – accurately size equipment for performance and manufacturing cost based on constraints and make assumptions where necessary
- Review or generate (when necessary) project handoffs to Project Management for accuracy
- Assist in the generation of accurate budget and bid documentation such as proposals, bonds, pricing, requested hydraulic profiles and drawings
- Enter projects into Customer Resource Management (CRM) program for sizing, pricing and proposal development
- Request submittal generation by transferring job details to engineering to begin the project design phase
- Technical aptitude of company’s standard and optional equipment
- Maintain standard equipment pricing log and help with price estimations on non-standard equipment
- Developing and cultivating relationships with the HDE RSM force and existing/new customers in our industry
- Assist in completing tasks assigned by the Senior Sales Engineer for completion of departmental initiatives
- Attend trade shows as required
- Other duties as assigned
Competencies & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Ability to work independently and productively with little supervision, but must also be able to work as part of the team
- Oral communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Written communication – edits their own work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Presentation skills – has the ability to present our product in a clear and concise manner to small and large groups
- Negotiation skills – must be able to negotiate at any level
- Technical aptitude – ability to relate to consulting engineers, manufacturer’s reps and plant personnel
- Adaptability – has the ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – is consistently at work and on time.
- Business development experience selling into the wastewater industry is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proven time management skills
- Proficient in ERP software and AutoCAD
- Must be able to travel both domestically and international (approximately 10%)
- Ambitious, loyal, dynamic, extremely well organized and highly self-motivated
- Experience in 3D design software is preferred
In addition to base salary, the company also offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision and supplemental insurance; paid holidays; two-week paid company vacation; accrued paid time off; and 401(k) with employer match. Check out our website, www.hydro-dyne.com, to find out more about our company.
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. To apply, send resume with salary history and requirements. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
- AutoCAD or Inventor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Clearwater, FL 33762 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Starting salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Send resume with salary history and requirements to [email protected].